High Power Microwave (HPM)
Since the early nineties, the INT has focused its research on threats caused by novel electromagnetic effects, particularly by high-power microwaves (HPM):
- Development of measurement techniques for microwave coupling measurements (probes, antennas, analyzer systems, mode-stirred chambers)
- Fixed and mobile irradiation facilities for medium and high power pulsed microwaves
- EMC measurement technology for modern materials (CFRP, GRP)
- EMC measurement technology and methods in view of the »generalized EMC« incl. HPM protection and for the higher gigahertz range
- Theoretical-physical research on HPM generation and propagation as well as on criminal and terrorist HPM threat scenarios
- Analyzing new technological developments in the area of electromagnetic effects (terahertz radiation, metamaterials).