• RPM/SPRM: Radiation Detection Portal Monitors / Spectroscopic Radiation Detection Portal
• PRD/SPRD: Personal Radiation Detectors / Spectroscopic personal radiation detectors
• RIID: Radiation Isotope Identifiers Device
Examples of our qualification tests are listed below. The test parameters given are excerpts of the standards and test procedures which Fraunhofer INT applies when conducting tests.
• False alarm / False identification
• Photon and neutron alarm
• Accuracy for photons
• Gamma response of a neutron detector
• Detection of neutron radiation in a high gamma field
• Radionuclide identification
Listed below are examples of standards and testing procedures of detection device types being tested at Fraunhofer INT in compliance with the regulations referred to.
• ANSI: American National Standards Institute
• IEC: International Electrotechnical Commission
• ITRAP: Illicit Trafficking Radiation Detection Assessment Program