Why the need for Technology and Innovation Planning in Civil Security?
Because of the high degree of regulation, security and the market for its technical and conceptual solutions is very different from other markets. This is also true for the requirement structure.
Potentially, security players have to deal with an unlimited number of threat scenarios and, where possible, prevent them. This makes it extremely difficult to formulate exact demands on the solution provider, while at the same time ensuring the best possible but cost-effective support for operational activities. For public sector players, this is especially important. The situation causes problems for both provider and customer. While the former has little or no exact information on what the security players actually need, the latter has no reliable information on the potential added value of a - very often - expensive solution. Both problems become further complicated with regard to procurement at European level, where – also for reasons of cost – the common requirements of several Member States need formulating and joint procurement structures have to be created.
Why cooperate with us?
Is your organization entrusted with security tasks (ministries, public offices and institutions with public safety responsibilities, public operators of critical infrastructure, etc.)? Are you focusing on research projects that look for better ways to develop or procure the right solutions for these tasks, with the aim of implementing them in the best possible way?
- We analyse your current and future needs for innovative solutions.
- We focus on state of the art research and what the market offers, and analyze possible solutions that meet your security requirements and present your organization with a tailor-made overview.
- Based on your requirements, we develop roadmaps and action plans that point step-by-step to the exploration, development and procurement of appropriate solutions.
- We determine the operational value of different solutions in the widest variety of application scenarios, and enable cost-effective development and procurement.
- We do not just consider the technological dimension, but also advise you on the (societal) acceptability and with regard to further political and social questions of an envisaged solution (human-technology interaction, liberties, right to privacy, etc.).
- We advise you on any further research necessary for specific technologies and concepts and translate this in turn into concepts for research projects or pre-commercial procurement.
- We advise you on the effective implementation of new solutions in your organization and make sure that the corresponding increase in value is visible.
- We also support you in setting up mechanism in your organisation for continuous innovation management and capability development.